WannaCry Ransomware Virus Spreading Fast
Security Comments 0
What you need to know:
- Wanna Cry virus was first introduced February 2017
- Wanna Cry known names are: Wanna Cry, WannaDecryptor, WannaCryptor, WCry, or Wcrypt
- This virus has infected tens of thousand of computers in over 99 countries - Watch it spread live by Intel map here - https://intel.malwaretech.com/botnet/wcrypt/?t=24h&bid=all
- It encrypts your data and hold it for ransom.
- Wanna Cry causes a complete data loss after 7 days if ransom is not paid. (Many companies already paid)
- It is a worm virus - (once it infects one system on your network, it looks for others vulnerable systems to infect.)
- Wanna Cry infects system mostly by PHISHING through email. (Links in emails)
What systems are vulnerable?
- Any system listed here that DOES NOT HAVE THIS PATCH INSTALLED FROM MICROSOFT.
How to fix your system before it gets infected
- Install the OFFICIAL Windows update from Microsoft ASAP - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx
- ***Make sure you have an Off-Site Data Backup with a Disaster Recovery Plan***
- Update your antivirus software
Scan all your systems nightly
"It's better to be safe than sorry!"
Protect your valuable data now.
We make this process very easy for our clients and can help your organization protect it's valuable data.